This guide will show you about how you can set up Linux Mint 18.3 in dual-boot with a variant Microsoft OPERATING-SYSTEM, such as Windows 8, 8.1 or 10, on machines with EFI firmware and a pre-installed version of Microsoft OS. Let’s assume that your laptop or desktop system comes pre-installed with Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 or 8 you should enter UEFI menu and disable the next settings: Secure Boot and Fast Boot features.
If the computer does not have any pre-installed OS and you would like to use Linux and Windows in a dual-boot, first install Microsoft Windows and continue with Linux Mint 18 set up then. In case you possess a UEFI computer stay away from the 32-bit version of Linux Mint since it will only boot and work with BIOS machines, as the 64-little-bit ISO image can shoe with UEFI or BIOS computer systems.
2. Right click on the C: partition and choose Shrink Volume to resize the partition. 3. Work with a value best-suited for you, depending on your HDD size, on the quantity of space to shrink MB field (minimum 20000 MB suggested) and strike Shrink button to start the procedure to resize the partition. 4. When the process finishes a fresh unallocated space will appear on the hard drive. Close Disk Management utility, place Linux Mint DVD, or USB bootable image in the appropriate drive and reboot the computer to be able to start with Linux Mint 18 installation.
- Now it’ll ask if you want the bond or connections TCPIO UDPIO. I’d recommand TCPIO
- 0 Trackbacks
- 7- Dining Room Set- Craigslist
- Use your Browser to connect to the CA Web enrollments pages to ask for a certificate
- How to choose an inexpensive and best hosting Plan?1. GoDaddy
In case you’re booting Linux Mint for installation from a USB dive in UEFI setting make sure you’ve created the bootable USB stay using an energy such as Rufus, which is UEFI suitable, your bootable USB drive won’t shoe usually. 5. After reboot, press the special function key and instruct the machine firmware (UEFI) to boot-up from the correct DVD or USB drive (the special function secrets are usually F12, F10, or F2 with respect to the motherboard manufacturer).
Once, the mass media boots-up a new screen should appear on your monitor. Choose Start Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon and strike Enter to continue. 6. Wait until the system tons into RAM to be able to perform in live-mode and open up the installer by dual simply clicking Install Linux Mint icon. Choose the vocabulary you wish to perform the installation and select Continue button to move forward further. 7. On another screen strike on the Continue button to move forward further. Third-party software can be automatically downloaded and installed with this step by checking the check-box.
The recommendation is always to leave the container unchecked for as soon as and manually set up proprietary software later, following the set-up process completes. 8. At another display screen you can choose the Installation Type. If Windows Boot manager is automatically detected you can choose to Install Linux Mint alongside Windows Boot Manager. This option ensures that the HDD will be automatically partitioned by the installer without any data loss.